This document is intended to provide a detailed explanation about Social Engineering and what it consists of. It also covers a case study to give a better understanding of how Social Engineering plays an important role in real-life attacks.
- Taking a look at some important key terms to be used throughout the paper.
- Defining the vectors of Social Engineering.
- Understanding the 6 key principles of Social Engineering attacks established by Robert Cialdini
- Discussing a case study: The “PIZZA” Method.
- Taking a looka t some countermeasures to protect from information disclosures in a Social Engineering attack.