SMBGhost CVE 2020-0796
CVE 2020-0796 was released in March 2020, with a CVSS:3.0 score of 10.0, which makes it a vulnerability to look out for. In this report, the readers will understand where this vulnerability resides in Windows 10, how it worked, and why it was so critically dangerous.
- Affected versions of Windows that need to be taken care of
- Understanding the criticality of this vulnerability
- Understanding how attackers target a vulnerable system and attack them
- Defining the prerequisites for exploit demonstration
- Installing publically available tools and using them
- Finally taking a look at some mitigations to prevent such attacks