This document illustrates the exploitation of the vulnerability found in the Windows spooler service. Originally thought to be a local privilege escalation vulnerability in the Windows Print Spooler, identified as CVE-2021-1675 and patched during Microsoft's June Patch.
- Understanding the important keywords used throughout the paper
- Understanding the severity of the vulnerability
- Looking at the CVSS score and covering the scope of impact
- Learning how to mitigate the vulnerability
- Setting up the lab and understanding the exploitation scenario
- Performing the exploit in lab environment