A Beginners Guide to Linux Firewall
This paper aims to provide detailed insight on how UFW can play an important role for any user to secure their Linux systems. The paper provides all the information necessary to completely configure UFW and protect personal Linux systems from a variety of attacks that can harm your device or steal your personal data.
- Covering some key terms and definitions that will be used throughout the paper.
- Understanding the Linux system firewalls, IPtables and UFW, and what’s the difference between the two.
- Installing and setting up Linux firewall using some Basic Commands.
- Importance of “Rules” in the firewall. Understanding the default rules of the firewall and creating our own rules.
- Discussing some problems with firewalls and solving lab exercise.