If you are curious about introducing cyber risk quantification to your organization or already up and running with quantitative risk management (CRQ) and looking to improve your game, join Safe Security at the 2023 FAIR Conference (FAIRCON23), the leading conference for the CRQ movement, on October 17-18, at the Fairmont Hotel in Washington, DC,.
Safe Security is the Technical Advisor to the FAIR Institute, host of the conference, and we’ll share our expertise, particularly in automating Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR™), in several conference sessions as well as a Customer Day.
What Is FAIR?
Factor Analysis of Information Risk is the international open standard for cyber risk quantification, recommended as a risk management resource by the National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF). The FAIR Institute is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to advancing the discipline of measuring and managing cyber and operational risk, with a worldwide membership representing 50% of Fortune 1000 companies.
Safe Security brings together FAIR and the most advanced AI-powered automated cyber risk management platform, SAFE, to quantify risk in financial terms, firmly positioning cyber risk management as a business enabler.
Learn about FAIRCON: Watch this Video
Who Will You Meet at the FAIR Conference?
The conference draws security and risk managers, CISOs, CIOs and risk-aware business executives from all industries. The conference agenda has plenty of networking time built in to foster those hallway learning and connection moments. Among the experienced FAIR and business leaders you will meet and hear from:
- Chris Porter, CISO, Fannie Mae
- Elias Oxendine IV, CISO, Yum! Brands
- Suja Chandrasekaran, Board Member, Cardinal Health, former CTO, Walmart
- Mary Elizabeth Faulkner, CISO, Thrivent
- Kevin McCarty, CISO, Cigna US Healthcare
- Mark Tomallo, CISO, Victoria's Secret
- Omar Khawaja, Field CISO, Databricks
Plus, Jack Jones, creator of FAIR and Chairman of the FAIR Institute, is seemingly everywhere at FAIR Conferences and always generous with meeting and advising attendees. Jack gives the keynote address Tuesday, October 17 with a focus on AI and leads a 4-hour lab session on Monday, October 16, on analytics for optimizing cybersecurity controls.
Training Opportunities at the FAIR Conference
The most robust FAIRCON training schedule ever, in the two days (Oct 15-16) before the conference, at the conference hotel. See the FAIRCON23 Agenda
New this year, a focus on extensions to the FAIR model that target specialized uses:
- FAIR-CAM, the controls analytics model
- FAIR-MAM, the materiality assessment model
- FAIR-TAM for third-party risk
To attend a training, purchase a conference ticket then select your training options to add to your conference fee. Attend the Monday morning lab, Scoping AI Risks with FAIR, and get 10% off the afternoon lab with code "10DISCOUNTLABS."
Safe Security at FAIRCON23
As the technical advisor to the FAIR Institute, Safe takes an active role in contributing content to the conference.
Please join us for these sessions:
3:30 PM Tuesday
- Session: The CRQ Program Development LifecycleJon Oppenhuis, Director, Risk Strategy and Success, Safe Security Zach Cossairt, Integrated Risk Program Senior Manager, Equinix
- Case Study: Modeling the Risk of Ransomware using FAIR™ and MITRE ATT&CKVidit Baxi, CISO, Safe SecurityJon Baker, Co-founder and Director, Center for Threat-Informed Defense
1:00 PM Wednesday
- Presentation: Introducing FAIR-MAM - A Comprehensive Approach to Loss Modeling in FAIRErica Eager, Senior Director, Risk Quantification, Safe Security
3:00 PM Wednesday
- Presentation: Measuring Controls Effectiveness and Risk with FAIR-CAMBryan Smith, VP Product Management, Safe Security
3:45 PM Wednesday
- Session: How to Re-think Third-Party Risk with FAIR-TAMPankaj Goyal, Director, Standards & Research, FAIR Institute and COO, Safe Security
And, come visit our conference booth any time. We're on hand to equip your team to build a cyber resilient strategy using the power of Safe's AI-driven CRQM solution that automates the FAIR Framework.
After the main conference, we will host a Customer Day on Thursday, October 19, from 9 AM – 1 PM to discuss how we impact their cyber risk posture, and share success stories. Please reach out to your customer service executive to secure your spot!
We look forward to seeing you there!